Save the Date!
On May 1, 2015, Lawyers and Libraries across Maine are collaborating to provide Mainers with access to legal workshops for Law Day 2015. Maine lawyers or libraries interested in participating may email email@example.com for more information. Stay connected through the Lawyers in Libraries Facebook page.
Libraries with confirmed attorneys participating in Law Day 2015:
Participating libraries are listed below. The list will be updated as locations are confirmed.
- Bangor Public Library, Bangor
- Brewer Public Library, Brewer
- Buck Memorial Library, Bucksport
- Cary Library, Houlton
- Hubbard Free Library, Hallowell
- Lewiston Public Library, Lewiston
- Louis T. Graves Memorial Public Library, Kennebunkport
- Orono Public Library, Orono
- Portland Public Library (11 AM to 1 PM), Portland
- Rice Public Library, Kittery
- Scarborough Public Library (12 PM to 1 PM), Scarborough
- Topsham Public Library, Topsham
- Waldoboro Public Library, Waldoboro
- Walker Memorial Library, Westbrook
- Wells Public Library, Wells
Libraries in need of attorneys for Law Day 2015:
Participating libraries that are seeking lawyers are listed below. The list will be updated as libraries express interest. Lawyers who would like to participate in Law Day 2015 should reach out directly to the library of interest.
The Volunteer Lawyer's Project has posted edited videos of its 2013 library sessions on YouTube. Hear Maine lawyers talk about applying for Veterans Benefits and how to represent your self at an Unemployment Compensation hearing.
Judge Susan Longley's Probate workshops are now available on YouTube. Please check back for links to the forms she references in the videos.